can i set "automatic move" photos of custom photos from personal to shared folder?

Currently reading
can i set "automatic move" photos of custom photos from personal to shared folder?

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi

i have DS920+ with the latest version.

in synology photos i want to do this:

i have personal folder with all my photos , and in the shared space we have a folder with my child photos (lets call it "Mike") and my wife has her personal folder with her photos. i want that the folder "mike" in shared space will always pull the updated photos of mike from the personal folder of me and my wife's. is it even possible?

thanks

Welcome to the forum!

This can be done with tagging and "smart" albums. All photos matching certain criteria will be assigned to a specific shared album. Albums are "virtual" and can be shared with other users. So those photos are not duplicated but rather just "marked" or "tagged" and presented inside a virtual shared (or nonshared) album.

Welcome to the forum!

This can be done with tagging and "smart" albums. All photos matching certain criteria will be assigned to a specific shared album. Albums are "virtual" and can be shared with other users. So those photos are not duplicated but rather just "marked" or "tagged" and presented inside a virtual shared (or nonshared) album.
first of all - thanks for the reply and welcoming :)
second - can please explain how should i do it?
thanks

first of all - thanks for the reply and welcoming :)
second - can please explain how should i do it?
thanks
Maybe this article might help out initially in terms of virtual albums and sharing

Maybe this article might help out initially in terms of virtual albums and sharing

hi
thanks for the guide but i still dont manage to set auto rule that add any new mike photos to shared folder
i tried to do it through photo request link but without success

In the album, section click the + sign and create a "conditional" album

Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 16.17.34.png

Use the conditions parameter to filter out images that you want automatically created

In the album, section click the + sign and create a "conditional" album

View attachment 11666
Use the conditions parameter to filter out images that you want automatically created
i still having a little problem:
i created conditional album as personal space named "mike" which i put conditions to locate by people named mike and create photos to this album. but it's personal and i add my wife as invite (can only select her as "downaloader\viewer". but its only adding pictures from my personal space. i need the "mike" pictures from her space will also be added to this album.

when i tried to crete a conditional album and selected shared space so i cant add people tag. i need to have one shared folder that takes all mike photos from me and all mike photos from her
thanks

I have the same Issue here, the problem is that whether albums can be collaborative (if normal ones) once an album is filled with any condition, it disable this "colaborative" thing off. I already send Synology people a ticket a few days ago, but have no idea how to unlock this fetaure (or if its my configuration).
I have tried several ways (with conditional albums) in shared space, in personal space... and still not working,
Hope you have found any shortcut,
Regards

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back