Can I still install the "old" Docker-DSM in VMM?

Currently reading
Can I still install the "old" Docker-DSM in VMM?

NAS
DS920+, DS916+, DS211j
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,
Does anyone know if it is still possible to install the "old" Docker-DSM version via VMM? And where I can find the propper version to install via VMM.
I use to have the Docker-DSM install via VirtualDSM on my VMM. But unfortunately I don't have it anymore after an DSM update.

I would like to reinstall it on my new DS920, but I can find anything about it on the Synology Support page.

TIA

DDSM was decommissioned in an earlier versions. Any version of dsm 6 after 31.12.2019., will not have it.

You will have to roll back to a previous version(s) of dsm in order to install an older version of Docker in order to get it.

If you installed just new version of Docker and are still on dsm6 then just install older version of Docker to get that feature.

last Docker package that has it is

Version: 18.09.0-0505​

DDSM was decommissioned in an earlier versions. Any version of dsm 6 after 31.12.2019., will not have it.

You will have to roll back to a previous version(s) of dsm in order to install an older version of Docker in order to get it.

If you installed just new version of Docker and are still on dsm6 then just install older version of Docker to get that feature.

last Docker package that has it is

Version: 18.09.0-0505​

Thanks for your reply. I’m afraid it wouldn’t work for me anymore as my DS920 is already on DSM 7.0 and my old NAS is still on 6 but to be exact 6.2.4. And I already found out that it is not possible to install DDSM via a virtual version of DSM on the VMM. It was only possible on the bare metal Docker Version.

Thanks for your reply. I’m afraid it wouldn’t work for me anymore as my DS920 is already on DSM 7.0 and my old NAS is still on 6 but to be exact 6.2.4. And I already found out that it is not possible to install DDSM via a virtual version of DSM on the VMM. It was only possible on the bare metal Docker Version.
Well you have several options.

1) you can try and download some of the older version of Docker for your DSM 6 NAS and try and install it - Synology Archive Download Site - Index of /download/Package/Docker

2) You can unofficially downgrade from DSM 7 to 6, and again, pull one of the older versions of Docker from the list above.

Well you have several options.
Thanks for your suggestions, unfortunately the option to install the older docker version on my DSM 6.2.4 machine didn’t work. I guess it could only work if I unofficially downgraded it to a DSM 6.*.* version which supported DDSM.

Downgrading the DSM 7.0 is not an option because it is a production machine.

No problem I will figure something out.

Thanks for your suggestions, unfortunately the option to install the older docker version on my DSM 6.2.4 machine didn’t work. I guess it could only work if I unofficially downgraded it to a DSM 6.*.* version which supported DDSM.

Downgrading the DSM 7.0 is not an option because it is a production machine.

No problem I will figure something out.
Guess you could then downgrade the DSM 6 to an earlier version and then try and install the older docker package.

Guess you could then downgrade the DSM 6 to an earlier version and then try and install the older docker package.
Solved it!

I found away to install Xpenology on VMM (Virtual Machine Manager) after installing DSM 6.2 and setup I then install Docker 17.05.0-0401 and DDSM. (This is the only version I could find that still has support for DDSM).
After setting everything up Both are running smooth!

Just one question, The shared DDSM folder which is created when installing DDSM is in read only state. Any idea how I change this into read and write?

Attachments

• Screen_Shot.png
    Screen_Shot.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 14

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.