Can one Delete Snapshots - not easily but DSM can do it for you

Currently reading
Can one Delete Snapshots - not easily but DSM can do it for you

Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Having realised I had setup my folders poorly I reorganised and deleted several of TB of items. I still though have the snapshots. Is there any way to delete snapshots without deleting or removing the folder to which they relate? Thanks.

Having asked the above question I discovered by judicious and temporary alteration of the Snapshot and retention settings I could remove all and restart. Should have thought about it more before asking the question.

Having realised I had setup my folders poorly I reorganised and deleted several of TB of items. I still though have the snapshots. Is there any way to delete snapshots without deleting or removing the folder to which they relate? Thanks.

Having asked the above question I discovered by judicious and temporary alteration of the Snapshot and retention settings I could remove all and restart. Should have thought about it more before asking the question.

You have to go into snapshot replication, click the shared folder, click the snapshot button with down arrow, then click snapshot list. From the snapshot list you can delete the snapshots

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.