Can Surveillance station record/monitor cameras outside of its LAN?

Currently reading
Can Surveillance station record/monitor cameras outside of its LAN?

NAS
DS220+, DS918+, RS1219+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I have 2 separate sites with separate public IP's. I have never been able to view the 2nd site camera with surveillance station and I've been told its because SS can only find and receive feeds from cameras that are on the same LAN as the device hosting SS. Last time I looked into this was several years ago. I still am not able to view the 2nd camera, but wanted to know if SS is still LAN-only or if there have been updates that I'm unaware of to allow me to see the outside camera. If there have been updates, what settings am I looking for? I have a possible workaround, but figured I'd check in case I was making things overly complicated. TIA.

Answered in another topic.

Check your camera specs to be sure that all ports and protocols for over the Internet (cross subnet) are opened in order to detect and get the camera feed. SS can work with remote cameras without any issues.
Sorry, didn't mean to double up posts. The other thread was intended to explore the ubiquiti networking side of things while this one I wanted to confirm if my understanding of SS was correct, or if there was another solution I should be exploring.

The other thread for reference: Monitoring security cameras at 2 sites via Surveillance Station with Ubiquiti controllers

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.