- Operating system
- Mobile operating system
So... from what i've been reading, synology has a chance to solve my problems. I like the idea of RAID one. I want a networked backup solution. I'm currently trailing icloud, dropbox, drive, one drive and amazon accounts. It's insane... and it has to stop.
- My house has four mac laptops (2X 512mb 2X 128mb). Two news ones and our hand-me-downs that are used by the kids. Same for iphones. 4. I'd like them all backed up. I don't have any particular feelings about what software should do that.
- My partner and I both work online, we have many thousands of photos and several hundred videos. We would like a home for these and a good backup for these.
- I would also like to be able to create a video, post my video to an NAS and share it with a client. (i'm using youtube for this now)
- My partner would like to get out of icloud all together. She'd like to be able to take a picture with her phone and have it show up (or click to get it to show up) on her laptop.
- Our public photos are currently stored in Flickr... i'd like to get those out of there.
- She's currently got many thousands of photos in OSX photos which I'd like to have backed up.
- My understanding is that OSX photos and Synology don't play well together is that true?
- I'm considering buying a Synology 2 Bay NAS DiskStation DS220+ with 2 X 4 TB drives. Not sure if its worth going SSD.