Can the Synology router detect intrusion attempts?

Currently reading
Can the Synology router detect intrusion attempts?

NAS
DS923+
Router
  1. MR2200ac
  2. WRX560
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I do not use quick connect.

I have my Synology router forwarding only 2 ports: one for open vpn and one for WebDAV.

The OpenVPN port is for running OpenVPN on my Synology ds923. The WebDAV port is for allowing certain usernames to remotely connect to a WebDAV share.

I have all other services disabled for all users remotely. It is impossible for anyone including my own account to remotely connect to the Synology DSM. This all has to be done through local LAN. of course if I connect with OpenVPN then I can access all LAN services.

I have the standard settings turned on such as blocking ips that use incorrect logins.

Is there any reason I should be afraid? I don’t really fear hackers because OpenVPN authentication is required for remote connection and if they someone connected via WebDAV it is all set to read only and they can just see my movie collection.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.