Can Timed script file from NAS reset Arris Modem in front of Router?

Currently reading
Can Timed script file from NAS reset Arris Modem in front of Router?

NAS
DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Posting here in NAS area, because no Task Manager exists on RT2600ac router.

During a visit to Daughter in California, Access to everything at home in NC went dead... Neighbors fine, but I'm dead. Ended up being Arris modem locked up... Therefore I had no access to files, etc, and it turns out I needed one or two.... (That's a different story)

There is a UPS on the system at home (Multiple, actually), Whole House and local Surge Suppressors too, and a Whole House Generator that kicks in in 30 or so seconds at home..... so Nothing should burp on Power Noise or Fail...
But: Modem was locked up.. WAN Lights on Router blinking, Lock and Provision LED's on Solid, no access to Arris Diagnostics or internet... A power reset was needed on modem on my return home, then all worked fine..... Arris TM-3402A Modem... (Access to Arris via https://192.168.100.1/cgi-bin/status_cgi

I'm Wondering if a Timed Script file run from NAS could issue a software Reset to Arris Modem from NAS through the router? Would seem to be more suited to run on router, but no Task Manager on Router....

Gonna ask Arris folks, too, but I ask here to see if connection from NAS to Modem through Router is even possible...

Thanks for any comments...!

Maybe an old-fashioned mechanical timer that stops/restarts the modem daily in the wee morning hours would suffice, when you're away ... if this is a regular need.

Presuming this is an ISP modem, contact them. They can remotely reset the modem, which triggers a restart.

Upvote 0
Maybe an old-fashioned mechanical timer that stops/restarts the modem daily in the wee morning hours would suffice, when you're away ... if this is a regular need.

Presuming this is an ISP modem, contact them. They can remotely reset the modem, which triggers a restart.
Thanks.... Timer is another option I'd forgotten about...

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.