Can you install DSM in Alibaba Cloud or AWS, as a "virtual NAS"

NAS
DS116, DS218+, DS412+, DS1815+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi everyone, I am looking into Elastic Desktop from Alibaba Cloud (similar to AWS Virtual Workspace) as a solution for security in a fully virtualized network to have external parties working in virtual desktops in a secure environment without sharing documents or information outside the "virtual network". These environments can limit the access to documentation and files from the host computer, so it is a great solution to onboard per-project personnel without having a security issue because of the diverse sourcing of this scenario.
MY QUESTION IS THIS: Alibaba mentions the capacity of having a "Virtual NAS" so that the Virtual computers have a NAS environment that give the network space, etc.
So I am wondering..... Is it possible to install DSM in a virtualized environment in cloud? If so, could you point me to some information regarding this scenario.

Best Regards,

Otto

Officially no. You could look into Xpenology privkey but that will depend how much control you have over your virtual appliances.

Guessing the “virtual nas” was more geared to True NAS core or similar platform then a proprietary solution from Synology

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.