Cannot access DSM or DS files (iOS)

NAS
DS218J
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi guys,
I purchased a mesh system (Orbi) and plugged my NAS into the mesh router. I now cannot access the NAS DSM and remote access via the DS file app (on iOS devices) now no longer works either.
Any ideas on why this is the case and how to fix? I wouldn't have thought changing the router would effect the log in ability on the NAS. I can still access files on the NAS when connected to the network via SMB via new IP address
Thanks.

Have you configured the new router to provide the same LAN subnet as the old router?
How are IP addresses on the LAN being allocated?
Is the DHCP server the same as before or has it been replaced by the new router?
Have you configured the new router to have the same inbound rules (firewall, port forwarding) as the old router?
Has the Internet IP of the router changed and this hasn't been updated Internet DNS (DDNS) services?
How do you address the requests to the NAS? IP address, server domain name, Bonjour name, erm... something else that requires it to be resolved to the NAS's IP address

The router is a fundamental piece of your LAN and Internet connectivity.

I now cannot access the NAS DSM and remote access via the DS file app (on iOS devices) now no longer works either.
From where? wired LAN / wireless LAN / Internet
When you say 'NAS DSM' do you mean using a web browser?
'and remote access' does this mean using VPN Server or do you just mean 'from the Internet'?

I can still access files on the NAS when connected to the network via SMB via new IP address
From where? wired LAN / wireless LAN
So SMB file sharing still works but other connections do not?
'via new IP address' what new IP address, has the LAN changed or has the client device (iPhone, Mac), router, or NAS been assigned a new IP address?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.