Cannot Access Root Domain Internally

NAS
DS1817+, DS1515+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I cannot access the web station pages internally for my 2 root domains. Subdomains are not a problem internally.
Domain1.com
Domain2.com

Externally, I can access the root domains via https with no problem.

My setup:
3 synologys with 1 main providing reverse proxy, and DNS Server for network.

On Syn1:
WebStation: Set up with virtual hosts for both domain1.comand domain2.com. (works fine from external connection, but get "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" internally forboth.

DNS Server: I have the DNS Server setup with a forward zone for domain1.com, and a

Reverse Proxy: I am using a a reverse proxy for domain1.com to access the services(Drive, File Station, Active Backup) across 3 Synologys. These are working fine both externally and internally.

SSLs are good

Background:
I botched my DS1621+ setup during a drive upgrade (don't wanna talk about). I rebuilt it, but I did not have my DNS Server settings, and did not document them either. I cannot get the system back to where it was, and I must be missing a setting somewhere.

I seem to remember that reverse proxy only works for subdomains, correct?

I want to set up YOURLs using domain2.com, but I want this worked out first before adding another level of complexity.

Can you give me come hints on where to look to get this sorted out?
TIA

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.