Cannot access to control MR2200ac?

NAS
DS224+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Dear Bro,

I have just attached to my router a RT2600ac (as primary AP) and MR2200ac (as Wi-Fi point). I can search all of them, but I cannot access to the MR2200ac to control it. I can connect to RT2600ac at http://192.168.1.7:8000/webman/index.cgi, I know the IP of MR2200ac: 192.168.1.8 but when I connect to it, it told me error like this:

2021-06-26_234251.jpg

2021-06-26_234306.jpg
Anybody knows what happens? Thank you.

When in mesh mode the additional MR2200ac cannot be directly accessed, they are all controlled through the primary router: that's the RT2600ac or a MR2200ac, and this device will runs:
  1. Internet firewall/router
  2. WiFi access controller where you configure the mesh's setup
  3. Safe Access server: it acts inline with web requests from client devices
  4. Threat Prevention server works alongside the firewall
  5. VPN Plus server
  6. Any other function that SRM supports is run only on the primary router
In a mesh the other MR2200ac play a supporting role and for extending the wireless coverage from Wi-Fi Connect and the DHCP service from Network Center. You should think of them as smart Access Points that are managed by the primary router.

That's not entirely true @fredbert. You can use
Bash:
synomeshctl getallnodebasicinfo
and then
Bash:
synomeshctl enablessh --node <node number> --enable 1
then use
Bash:
synodevicetool --list-online
to find the address, and
Code:
ssh -i /usr/syno/etc/mesh/ssh/id_rsa <m2200ac>
. On the other hand, the real question is, 'Why?'

@aidanlinz firstly, welcome to the forum.

While it's possible to use those commands they don't succeed in providing access to an SRM web interface on the MR2200ac, and that was the question (to use the web access). I not sure what, after getting SSH command line access, will be the next step on the MR2200ac.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.