Cannot add more than 3 Windows devices

Currently reading
Cannot add more than 3 Windows devices

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Last edited:
I currently have 3 win PCs configured in Active Backup for Business, lets name them 1, 2 and 3
If I try to connect 4th PC (named 4) then after completing set up Active Backup Agent on PC 4, PC 3 will be replaced with 4
in the device list and now device list will show 1, 2 and 4. Basically any new PC I want to add will replace the last configured PC, so
no matter what I do I will never see more than 3 PCs in the device list.
(Max number of concurrent devices set to 8 in the ABB setting)

Any advices ?
-- post merged: --

I currently have 3 win PCs configured in Active Backup for Business, lets name them 1, 2 and 3
If I try to connect 4th PC (named 4) then after completing set up Active Backup Agent on PC 4, PC 3 will be replaced with 4
in the device list and now device list will show 1, 2 and 4. Basically any new PC I want to add will replace the last configured PC, so
no matter what I do I will never see more than 3 PCs in the device list.
(Max number of concurrent devices set to 8 in the ABB setting)

Any advices ?

Rusty, here is more info, I hope it may help. PC 4 is WIN 7 SP1. I have another old PC laptop (lets name it 5) running some automation/engineering software on the same WIN 7 platform (I don't want update it to a newer windows version)
I decided to try it for testing purposes and set up backup with ABB -- I didn't have any issue, it added this PC 5, and the Devise list shows 1,2,3 and 5 after that. Then I tried to connect PC 4 again and it replaced the same PC 3 in the device list and Devise list shows 1,2,4 and 5
So, I guess the problem is in PC 4, I tried to uninstalled/reinstalled the agent, reboot PC 4 and even synology server, it didn't help. What is weird that only device name is replacing in the device list, all previous back ups for device 3 remain but assigned to device 4 now

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.