NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
I have a nework of several computers connected to a Synology mesh network (RTS2600ac and 2200 in tri-band mode). I have no trouble in connecting Windows ans Mac computers, iPads, iPhones, Apple TV etc to this wifi but I cannot connect any wifi smart plugs. These devices seems to require 2.4Mhz only and even when I set the wifi to that mode I can't connect. Are there any of these wifi smart plugs that will connect to this mesh system? Appreciate any information regarding connecting these smart devices to this network.

Last edited:
I had an issue where our 2x iRobot model 980, that uses only 2.4GHz would not connect reliably... about 2 years ago... At that time I went to RT2600ac from an older Linksys WIFI router. Firmware was still being written for both devices, 2600ac and 980... I started experimenting and eventually disabled 802.11r in 2.4 Ghz, and it was either THAT, or a firmware update that occurred at the same approximate time (No warning when fimrware update happens on iRobot), but since then the iRobot 980 has connectecd (Via Static IP, which is a pain to get going) on 2.4Ghz (ch 11) fine ever since.... Firmware for 980 is not being written any more..

Also note, I recently found that the iRobot was also sensitive to the 'USB3 switch' in the RT2600ac as well... The 980's WIFI MAP it saved degraded when USB3 was enabled.... and WIFI MAP was stronger with USB3 switched off... where it was left...

Upvote 0
I have had zero problems connecting wifi smart sockets (I assume that's what you mean...not plugs) to my Synology mesh system, so long as I temporarily turn off "Tri-band autoselection" in the 2600's settings while introducing a new socket to the network. Here are the exact ones I've used (two different types, both worked fine):

MoesGo WiFi Smart Power Dimmer Plug Socket Brightness Adjust Timer Plug Tuya Smart Life App Compatible for Amazon Alexa Google Assistant Voice Control Mini Smart Home Automation White - - Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N1JPPXK/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_QWJ3MH9BWA1JK0SZV4C4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Upvote 0
Thanks for all those replies. Yes they are smart sockets (we call them plugs over here in NZ). Have tried the 2.4Ghz guest network as suggested but still not able to connect. The actual settings from the Guest network are shown below. I have tried other security levels including "none", have turned off multi-cast - still not connecting. I have been using two differnet brands of sockets - Lenovo and PowerTech but notice that they use the same software (Lenova Link and Smart Life).

1632090091249.png

Upvote 0
What happens if you turn off "tri-band autoselection" on BOTH the "guest network" page and the "wireless" page, and connect the plugs/sockets/whateveryouwanttocallthem to the main network rather than the guest network?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.