Cannot Install NZBGET - Port 6789 configured for this package is either used by another service or reserved for system use

Currently reading
Cannot Install NZBGET - Port 6789 configured for this package is either used by another service or reserved for system use

Operating system
  1. macOS
Hello, I am trying to install NzbGet, but I'm getting the error:

Port 6789 configured for this package is either used by another service or reserved for system use

When I reboot my server and run "netstat -al" the port is not there and not used.
When I start the installation, port appears as:

tcp6 0 0 [::]:6789 [::]:* LISTEN

But the package installation fails.
I have the Intel-based Sinology drive.

Any help?

Solution
Rusty, thanks for your answer! Yah, I considered it, but the three page tutorial on how to install it discouraged me from it ;) I managed to find out that tit was actually Docker instance that was prohibiting me from installing it. When I stopped the Docker I installed the NZBGet without issues. Then I started the nzbget and all was well.

I have no idea WHY Docker is interfering with the installation process, but for now it looks like an ok solution for me.
Rusty, thanks for your answer! Yah, I considered it, but the three page tutorial on how to install it discouraged me from it ;) I managed to find out that tit was actually Docker instance that was prohibiting me from installing it. When I stopped the Docker I installed the NZBGet without issues. Then I started the nzbget and all was well.

I have no idea WHY Docker is interfering with the installation process, but for now it looks like an ok solution for me.

Upvote 0
Solution

Well, it looks like there was something in docker that was using the port already. Still, running nzb in docker is nowhere near 3 page long tutorial (just the nzb part that is), so I still encourage you to give it a go.

Gald you got it sorted!

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.