Currently reading
DS video Cannot Login to DS Video app on iphone/ipad

NAS
DS418play
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I've setup video station on 418play and I can send videos via windows chrome browser plugin to my chromecast ultra and the video streams perfectly on my TV.

i now want to use my mobile devices to select the content to send to chromecast ultra instead of my desktop PC. I'm trying the DS video app which I installed and tried on both iPhone and iPad.

I have enabled Quickconnect. I'm using the iphone and iPad with wifi on only on the same internal network 192.168.... I'm selecting the side arrow on the DS Video login screen and it finds my NAS IP address which I select then using my username and password but fails to login to the DS Video app. (Incorrect username or password). Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong please?

I've setup video station on 418play and I can send videos via windows chrome browser plugin to my chromecast ultra and the video streams perfectly on my TV.

i now want to use my mobile devices to select the content to send to chromecast ultra instead of my desktop PC. I'm trying the DS video app which I installed and tried on both iPhone and iPad.

I have enabled Quickconnect. I'm using the iphone and iPad with wifi on only on the same internal network 192.168.... I'm selecting the side arrow on the DS Video login screen and it finds my NAS IP address which I select then using my username and password but fails to login to the DS Video app. (Incorrect username or password). Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong please?

- you need connect your mobile phone into your NAS (DS video) in your home, then you need NAS LAN address only
- the quickconnect is for WAN access only (from internet to NAS), then its useless
- are you 100% sure that the mentioned IP address (192.168...) is address of the NAS? Check it by Synology Assistant tool.
- for LAN connection from SMART APPs you don't need to write default port. Only when was changed by you to custom port.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.