Cannot make Shared Space backup to /Photos

Currently reading
Cannot make Shared Space backup to /Photos

NAS
DS216+II
Just upgraded to DSM 7 this week. It's driving me nuts. I'm using Apple devices.

Previously all my mobile photo backups were to /Photos/PhoneID/
I do not want to change many thousands of photos from that path to the new /homes/photo/

Syno Help sez go to "Synology Photos > Settings > Advanced to enable Shared Space."
I somehow managed to do this correctly and change my iPhone backup from Personal to Shared.
However, I cannot do this on my wife's iPhone. It will not show "Advanced" settings when she is logged in to Photos in DSM7. As Admin I tried changing her from 'Entry' to 'Manage' but still no Advanced settings in Photo Login to activate Shared. The Destination Path remains remains set to Personal.

What is the secret to changing her "Photos Mobile" app from Personal to Shared?

The app was downloaded today.
Anyway, an hour+ later I tried it again and it worked. So maybe there was some sort of lag talking to the NAS (which is on a cat6 ethernet so don't understand how it could lag).

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.