Cannot Map Drive

Currently reading
Cannot Map Drive

NAS
DS216j
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hello all. I hope you can help. I haven't found a solution to this problem anywhere.

I have a Synology DS216j. I need to map this drive to my PCs and have that connection hold after reboot. I've had this NAS for a while. It used to be my personal NAS and I had is successfully mapped to a drive on my personal PCs. I recently moved the drive to my work and need to map it to my work PCs. The only difference between my personal and work PCs that I know of is that my work PCs are Azure AD connected.

If I use Synology Assistant to map the drive, I can successfully map the drive only if I do not check "Reconnect at Logon". If I check Reconnect at Logon, it get thrown into a never-ending loop of not connecting...
1629915294295.png

1629915359259.png

I do that a couple of times, then I get the same dialog saying that the specified logon session does not exist.
1629915418009.png

I can map the drive just fine with these credentials if I don't check "Reconnect at logon."

I've also tried the "Map Network Drive" function built-into windows. Same story: I can connect if I don't check "Reconnect at Logon" but not if I do.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 1629915271079.png
    1629915271079.png
    21 KB · Views: 5
  • 1629915386688.png
    1629915386688.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 7
Best to search the forum a bit. This is a fairly common windows issue, and answered a couple of times before.
Often it is related to leftovers in the credentials file of W10, clearing that helps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.