Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all
Can anyone help me to try to figure out why I can’t access DS File when using FQDN?
I have a synology.me wild card with Nginx proxy manager offloading the SSL (nothing is exposed externally) pihole works as internal DNS server with A record pointing to NPM IP and then CNAME pointing at nas.mydomain.synology.me
I can login to all the mobile apps (e.g photos, drive, ss…) without any issue through nas.mydomain.synology.me but DS File.
This is happening both on my iPhone and iPad.
Connecting through QuickConnect works fine.
Using the local IP works fine (without port or subdomain)
The subdomain /file is accessible through web browser.
I’ve tried on DS File to type the FQDN both with subdomain or adding the default port (7001) both didn’t work.
I’ve also tried to add subdomain redirection in NPM but as result then also the access via web browser stopped to work.
Thanks for your help.

Assuming you are using port 443 for your subdomain connections you should use the subdomain for your NAS suffixed with 443 when using the DS apps (many of them). So...

myNAS.myDomain.xyx:443

Be sure to test this off LAN.

This presumes you have an RP setting for myNAS.myDomain.xyx:443 directed to https://NAS_IP:NAS_HTTPS_PORT

Assuming you are using port 443 for your subdomain connections you should use the subdomain for your NAS suffixed with 443 when using the DS apps (many of them). So...

myNAS.myDomain.xyx:443

Be sure to test this off LAN.

This presumes you have an RP setting for myNAS.myDomain.xyx:443 directed to https://NAS_IP:NAS_HTTPS_PORT
Ah nice, that worked.
Wonder why is only affecting DS File while I can access the other apps without…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.