Currently reading
Can't access NAS via IP or Explorer

NAS
DS1815+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I can't access my DS1815+ NAS DSM via IP on my local network, access the NAS via Windows Explorer, or gain access via Synology Assistant or Web Assistant. The NAS shows up in both Synology Assistant and Web Assistant and I can ping it from different computers on my network. I have all four connections on the NAS attached to my network. My router sees them. ARP sees them. I can access the NAS via QuickConnect. I have the NAS firewall turned off. I turned off the router firewall as a test, and it still doesn't work. Resetting both the NAS, router, and various computers I've tried to use to access it don't help, either. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I can't access my DS1815+ NAS DSM via IP on my local network
  1. What DSM version are you running?
  2. If you are running a current DSM version, can you access your "local LAN" NAS through an Internet browser by typing find.synology.com into your address bar.
  3. Have you assigned a "static" or fixed IP for your NAS in your router AND in your NAS?
  4. If you use a LAN IP address, are you remembering to add your port number at the end of your IP address (e.g. 192.168.22.15:5001)
  5. Have you enabled all SMB and related settings in your NAS?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.