NAS
DS720+
Operating system
  1. Linux
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Last edited:
Hi fellas,

I'm an IT guy from a non-profit organization. We bought a DS720+ to run backup tasks.

I have almost zero experience with Synology products, so I'm a bit lost.

My current probem: I don't see how I can change the permissions for a shared folder.

Via Control Panel > Shared Folder I select the shared folder and hit Edit. Sadly, the tab Permissions is grayed out.

I'm logged in as admin. The shared folder is encrypted.

What's going on? :unsure:

I select the shared folder and hit Edit. Sadly, the tab Permissions is grayed out
Welcome to the forum.

The reason is that the encrypted folder is not mounted. Mount it 1st using the encryption menu, and then you will have all the option.
Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 14.47.34.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.