Currently reading
Can't display anything correctly on Organizr homepage dashboard

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
So, I am fairly new to this so need some guidance. I want to display some info on my Homepage dashboard in Organizr but can't get it to work (qBittorrent, Emby, Netdata), they all show blank, just with the header.

I believe it something with my seetings inside Organizr or Docker (on Synology NAS) as I can see all that in standalone addresses my-ip:port (so basic configuration is ok).

As for Netdata I believe there might be some issuses with API key (I posted other topis on that), Emby and qBittorrent just fails to connect. When I test the connection I get an error: "cURL error 28: Connection timeout after 5001 ms".

Anyone knows how to deal with that?

I feel something is off with the organize image at the moment.

The build chain to build the image is broken and unfixed for 6 months. Usually that's not a good sign...
Even though the image is 6 months old, the application itself is updated from Organizr's Github project (latest commit was 2 months ago).

At least the docker image seems to be abandoned... Not sure if the same is true about the Organizr sources in generall...

I think that's not the issue as I have tested all day today and the problem also appears in Heimdall dashboard. I recreated all my containers through stacks in Portainer and still in fails connection test both on Heimdall and Organizr. Therefore I cannot have interactive dashboard, only tabs taking me to my-ip:port. What can be the problem?

After seeing your post on Thursday, I opened Organizr and 4 of my 4 homepage items were broken. I was able to remedy the Plex homepage item, but all others throw API errors. All homepage items used to work without any issues for a long time (~3 years).

I couldn't find a way to troubleshoot the problem, as the only logs I could find are audit logs (when did a user login, when was a configuration changed), rather than application logs that would provide any insights.

But since the same thing is happening (at least to me) with Heimdall wouldn't ot suggest it is something on Syno or Docker side?

I am not running Organizr on my DS. I am running it on the latest Docker-Ce version in Ubuntu 20.04, which shouldn't matter as the core functionality of the container runtime didn't really change over the last years.

I use my setup for 3 years without modifications, other than updating to a recent image from time to time. Last time I modified the compose file template used to deploy the container was on 24. November 2019. I am using a method to "render" the compose file on the fly with parameters that are stored in a configuration file.

I don't see how to find a solution on how to fix the homepage items. I believe the problem is either the os packages the image provides or Organizr itself.

I think @one-eyed-king you have detected an issue with the Org image for sure, but if I am not mistaken, @cochize is saying that the same issue happens with Heimdall as well. So this might be docker/syno/network related issue aside from the Org image problems.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.