Can't find ResourceSpace config file - running through Docker

Currently reading
Can't find ResourceSpace config file - running through Docker

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
I have installed the data asset management software ResourceSpace (RS) on a Synology NAS DS918+ model. I have RS running out of a Docker container on the NAS. I want to make some changes in the RS config file but I can't find it. It should be in the /docker/resourcespace/include folder, but mine is empty. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to find/edit the config file?

What exact image are you using? Also you can use ssh to connect to your active docker container and see all the volumes (internal and external) that the container is using. That way you will find out what destination is in question (if its not covered by documentation).

What exact image are you using? Also you can use ssh to connect to your active docker container and see all the volumes (internal and external) that the container is using. That way you will find out what destination is in question (if its not covered by documentation).

Thanks for your response! Sorry for the delayed reply. My image is creecros/resourcespace-docker:latest

I'm new to this area so I'm not exactly sure how to connect to the Docker container via SSH. Could you please give me some pointers?

Looking at the dockerfile there are 2 volumes that are being used:

/var/www/app/include
/var/www/app/filestore

Do you have those 2 mapped to your local shared folders on your NAS?

'm new to this area so I'm not exactly sure how to connect to the Docker container via SSH
Depending on your OS of choice it will depend. If you are on a Mac or Linux you can use Terminal app to connect to your NAS via ssh or using PUTTY if you are on Windows.

In any case, check to see if ssh is open on your NAS and if not enable it (Control Panel > Terminal and SNMP; in there tick the checkbox for ssh and click apply).

Now you can use this one line to connect to your NAS via ssh: ssh your_nas_account@you_nas_IP_address

After that, you will be asked for your password, enter it and you are done!

In order to use docker commands now, you will need to elevate to root access. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ARE DOING FROM THIS POINT!

To elevate to root use this command: sudo -i and hit return. Enter your initial user password again when prompted and your command prompt should be root.

Now docker command that will inspect your running container and list all the settings in a JSON file/view is docker inspect NAME_OF_YOUR_CONTAINER.

When you get your data listed then your can search for volume sections and see all the paths that this container is using (internally and mapped outside to a folder on your NAS).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.