Can't Find Synology Drive ShareSync

NAS
DS718+, DS713+, DS216j
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
I feel really stupid, as I'm usually pretty good at this stuff, but...

I'm trying to keep a folder on one NAS backed up on another, with live, raw data. It seems like what I see called Synology Drive ShareSync should do this, yet I cannot find this utility. I have Synology Drive Server set up on both NAS, but nowhere do I see any way to install or invoke ShareSync. Yet I see comments on this board talking about it as if it's "a thing". What am I missing? Thanks -- Ken
-- post merged: --

Never mind. Found it. Feel like an idiot. I've been at this for like two hours. And there it is!

I've run into the same thing. I can't find Synology Drive ShareSync, although I have Synology Drive installed. Where is it?

Upvote 0
Amazing how difficult this is, until you know where to look (and why doesn't the documentation tell you the simple solution?). Click on the icon in the upper-left corner of the DSM desktop (see the screen shot).

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 10.18.23 AM.png

Then, you'll see the Synology Drive ShareSync icon in the list of available apps, among all the others:
Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 10.20.50 AM.png

I felt really stupid once I found it! But there it is. -- Ken

Upvote 0
Amazing how difficult this is, until you know where to look (and why doesn't the documentation tell you the simple solution?). Click on the icon in the upper-left corner of the DSM desktop (see the screen shot).

View attachment 3171

Then, you'll see the Synology Drive ShareSync icon in the list of available apps, among all the others:
View attachment 3173

I felt really stupid once I found it! But there it is. -- Ken
Yep! I found it there, posted about it, and then saw your message.

I agree that the docs need to show this. That would save a lot of frustration.

Upvote 0
hey now that you all found it, Would you mind walking me through how to sync a folder from one NAS to another? I have been trying to figure this out for ever.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Is there something in the Knowledge Base procedure that isn't working for you?
yes its very confusing and doesn't help me at all.
-- post merged: --

this is the problem i am having, I get this message every time. How to I set up the folder i want to share/sync first??

Attachments

• every time.PNG
    every time.PNG
    99 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.