Currently reading
Can't install DSM 7 because of Webalizer

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I know this is an old issue but I am a real newbie and just plucked up the courage to update to DSM7 from 6 BUT ... I stall at the first hurdle as I am being told I have to uninstall Webalizer, however it does not appear in the list of 'Intsalled' or 'All packages' - very odd. Although it does appear in the 'Main Menu' but of course this only allows you to 'Add to Destop' nothing else. Can anyone help me as I don't even know how to get a terminal (or something) running so I can use the CLI to manually uninstall? Thank you

Welcome

via SSH try the following:

synopkg list - to get the list of packages. See if Webalizer is on the list. If it is:
synopkg stop Webalizer
synopkg uninstall Webalizer

If you get into issues with permissions, try and run the commands as root by elevating your default account with sudo -i.

Be careful what you are trying. Responsibility is 100% on your end.

Thank you for the guidance. However when I say Newbie I really mean it. SSH ?? I have Google how to start this using powershell. I have got around the issue of refuing connections (SSH was not enabled in the terminal section of config) However when I now try to connect it just sits there. No refusal but nothing else. I just have a flashing cursor and the only way I can get back control is to use ctrl+break. Help!

For someone like me this is really disappointing. I would have hoped there was an easier way to stop and remove Webalizer

Thank you

I have and this is where it just hangs. I have attached 3 files. Screen 1 is using my login credentials (I am an admin) then trying with admin and finally when I turn off the SSH service on the DSM to check it is making the trip.
SSH screen 1.jpg
SSH screen 2.jpg
SSH screen 3.jpg

Hi there, Thank you for the suggestions. I was trying my own account (rather than admin) but as that didn't work I thought admin might be worth a try but ... I used a Terminal App on my iPad and it worked a treat. No issue looging in. I ran the suggested scripts and deleted the Webalizer App. I was then able to DSM 7.1 so all good.

No idea why the Wndows route didn't work but I am not a fan of W10 anyway!

Thanks again

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.