DSM 7.1 Can't log in via Synology Drive Client through QuickConnect

Currently reading
DSM 7.1 Can't log in via Synology Drive Client through QuickConnect

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Last edited:
I use windows 10 and have a DS920+ with DSM 7.1. I want to sync my files from PC to NAS through Quick Connect. The Synology Drive Server, the correlated User/Folder Permission, the Quick Connect, and a Customized Alias (based on QuickConnect) have been set up properly.

Now the situation is: I can log in to Synology Drive on the webpage through the Alias (http://....quickconnect.to/drive/)

The problem is: I can't log in through the Synology Drive Client from my PC. It gave 'Connection failed. Please check your network settings and try again' every time.

What should I check for this?

Solution
In your main post you have mentioned that you can connect to the URL via browser, but the same does not work using the Drive client.

Are you sure you are using the connect URL, protocol? Are you certain that you have no firewall issues on that Windows machine?

Drive client will need port 6690/tcp open in order to allow communication via Drive client as the port is hardcoded. Do you have any firewall hardening on the NAS side for that port (or any specific rule that might affect that needed traffic)?
The only setting I found on the Drive Client is Proxy. I didn't use any Proxy here. I tried to use Auto-detected Proxy, which also didn't work.
Do I understand you correctly?
As a "target" adrese/fqdn, what did you enter in the client?

Upvote 0
The target address will be a folder on the Drive server side.
But since I can't log in to the client, I haven't configured any sync task yet.
Not the target folder. What and how did you configure that Drive client on your PC? What is the target IP address/fqdn that you have configured the client to connect to? Drive can be reconfigured to target any valid and compatible Drive server, so what did you use as the target parameter, ip address or the public fqdn?

Upvote 0
Not the target folder. What and how did you configure that Drive client on your PC? What is the target IP address/fqdn that you have configured the client to connect to? Drive can be reconfigured to target any valid and compatible Drive server, so what did you use as the target parameter, ip address or the public fqdn?
The target is a QuickConnect ID

1666699537235.png

Upvote 0
In your main post you have mentioned that you can connect to the URL via browser, but the same does not work using the Drive client.

Are you sure you are using the connect URL, protocol? Are you certain that you have no firewall issues on that Windows machine?

Drive client will need port 6690/tcp open in order to allow communication via Drive client as the port is hardcoded. Do you have any firewall hardening on the NAS side for that port (or any specific rule that might affect that needed traffic)?

Upvote 0
Solution
Hello guys!
I've got a problem that may fit to the topic that was discussed before. As a result, I don't want to open a separate thread for my issue. Hope that you guys can help me out. :)

Due to a connection problem with the Synology Drive Client which all of a sudden did not consider the standard certificate of synology trustworthy anymore, I got myself a synology.me dns and create a ssl certificate using the Let's Encrypt service.
Everything seems fine, I can ping the NAS using the DNS alias. The certificate was added as well!

But when I use the synology.me DNS in the Synology Drive Client no connection can be established. I configured the firewall tcp port as mentioned above, but it does not work.
I usually don't want my NAS to be accessed via the internet, thus I set the firewall permissions pretty strict, denying any connection from an IP range outside of the local one.
But I don't think that this is the issue, since the port rule is placed above, which validades the rule.

I would be very thankful for any idea that may help me.

Thank you guys in advance!
Best Regards,
Schewa

Upvote 0
thus I set the firewall permissions pretty strict, denying any connection from an IP range outside of the local one.

This is probably your issue. Using a synology ddns is using public ip addresses out on the internet. When you ping your synology dns name inside the network what’s the ip that responds? Some routers can handle NAT loop back, in that case then pinging the synology dns name inside the network would return the local address.

I’d open the firewall up , or temp disable it for a quick minute and test. If it works you know where the issue is, if it doesn’t then you know to look elsewhere

Upvote 0
That seems unhelpful since this is a "solved" thread. I'm sure the mods will decide.
You're right! Thinking twice about it, I don't understand my thoughts of yesterday.
My bad - I will reopen a separate thread!
-- post merged: --

This is probably your issue. Using a synology ddns is using public ip addresses out on the internet. When you ping your synology dns name inside the network what’s the ip that responds? Some routers can handle NAT loop back, in that case then pinging the synology dns name inside the network would return the local address.

I’d open the firewall up , or temp disable it for a quick minute and test. If it works you know where the issue is, if it doesn’t then you know to look elsewhere
Thank you for answering to my issue Gerard, I am able to ping the synology dns name inside the network and the response times are from the local connection, round about 2ms. I have tried deleting the firewall rule, but I am still not able to connect, when the rule is disabled.

However, I will reopen a separate thread. Sorry to bother here and thank you very much for the first ideas on the issue.

Best Regards,
Schewa

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.