Can't restore exported docker container ("API has failed")

Currently reading
Can't restore exported docker container ("API has failed")

NAS
DS923+ (16GB)
Router
  1. RT6600ax
Operating system
  1. Windows
I moved Container Manager from one volume to another but before that I backuped my containers (settings+data) to be able to restore them. Two out of three I can restore but the third one ("Deluge") can't be restored but gives a "Container Manager API has failed. Please visit Container Manager Log for more information". Log says nothing except that it failed with [null].
Anyone stumbled upon this and know how to solve it? I've reached out for support but don't expect any quick answers.

Can’t you just restore the settings using the wizard? Does that fail as well? It’s been a while since I was inside the Container Manager so I could be wrong.

Also this might be a good time to switch to docker compose. All that could be avoided with a yaml file saved on your NAS. Not a helpful comment atm but long term maybe consider it.

Last edited:
I can’t find any option to restore just the settings.
-- post merged: --

Phew, managed to fix it. Within the exported container itself (opened it up with WinRAR) there was a json-file I could check and there was all my settings I wanted!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.