can't start docker container from task scheduler

Currently reading
can't start docker container from task scheduler

I have a docker container that syncs - want to run it every hour - I tried to run it from task scheduler with this command:
  • docker container start gphotos-sync
and got this:
  • Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at ....
I tried adding a sudo and it's asking for a password. I would have assumed the task scheduler runs things as root. Any idea how to fix it? I know I can go in and add a cron job, but I was hoping to achieve a world I'm maintaining purely from the ui.

Thanks!

DSM 7 - and tht's what I'm trying to figure out how to do - can't see any option to run it as root
-- post merged: --

ok - I'm stupid - I was sort of expecting a check box like "run with higher privileges" - completey ignored the user on the front page - this fixed the problem. Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.