Currently reading
Capturing the UPS server signal

NAS
DS1821+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I would like to use my Synology 1821 as a UPS server, and capture the UPS signal on a Raspberry PI or Arduino, which will then turn off certain power-drawing devices on the UPS.

Is there any documentation on this, and had anyone done this? If I can turn off certain power-drawing equipment that is connected to the UPS, I should get better run-time for my important network equipment.

In the electrical business, this is called load-shedding.

Thanks in advance

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

Hi, what devices should be connected to the UPS in order to help the NAS to complete whatever job it is...
Replies
Views
I think it's is the fact that they're using a very out of date version of NUT with long-patched bugs...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 5784
D
After much deliberation, I decided to go with the CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS System...
Replies
Views
You may want to consider the installation of an AC soft-starter or similar unit. If my WAG is correct...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Time for a new UPS. I've typically used APC and generally sort of almost been happy with them. Reading...
Replies
Views
Yes but no. Everything seems to send a notification nowadays no matter how much I fiddle with the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back