Currently reading
DSM 7.0 Certificates cannot be deleted

NAS
DS 920+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I played around with QuickConnect just to see how it works. It created a QC certificate. So far so good. Then I switched back to the original Synology Certificate and wanted to delete the QC certificate. I also unlinked my QC ID from my DS 920+.
The problem is that I cannot delete the QC certificate anymore (Synology certificate is default). Did this a couple of times and now I ended up with some "error" certificates.
Any ideas how to get rid of them?
Thanks
Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 19.56.53.png

Solution
Are you sure you've disabled QC fully? Also check that these certificates haven't had services assigned to them. Failing that I haven't played with DSM 7 enough to think of another reason.
Are you sure you've disabled QC fully? Also check that these certificates haven't had services assigned to them. Failing that I haven't played with DSM 7 enough to think of another reason.
Thanks for your answer. Yes I am absolutely positive. I was looking for a solution for 3 days. No luck. So finally I decided to re-install DSM 7 (without deleting the data). Backed up the system config and restored some of it after the installation. It's a bit of work but now everything is back to normal.
Thanks anyhow

Upvote 0
Having old and/or unused certificates in the list shouldn't be an issue. I'd edit them with a note in their descriptions to indicate I'm not using them. I've still got a Synology.com certificate that's never been used since changing to LE and my own self-signed certs.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back