Change logo to own logo on Synologyphoto DSM 7.0 (latest version)

Currently reading
Change logo to own logo on Synologyphoto DSM 7.0 (latest version)

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm looking for a way to change the logo on synologyphoto in DSM 7 version. In the old version I could change it by settings. Also I read something about the logo, because it is the synology logo the content is also part of Synology. I don't want to change my rights so I want to change the logo in some way for example by SSH. If someone could clear out the right issue that also would be helpfull. I have not much experiance in using SSH with the NAS and looking for someone who can help me with a step by step guide to change the logo. If it is posible at all. I'm now working under DSM 6 (last version) and have a VM version of DSM 7 (last version) to test this version. If I can change the logo I will be updating to DSM 7, because the nieuw synologyphoto seems a lot faster than the old one and also has better potential to sort and manage large amount of (big) photo's. So hope someone can help me and reach out to me. Also if you know someone or know a site with this info please send me the link.

Thanks and looking forward to a reaction, Mark

/volume1/@appstore/SynologyPhotos/ui/images
Hi Fredbert I have logged in with SSH on a windows machine. perhaps it is beter to do it with a windows machine ? I did not see that directory. I will try to seek that directory by using SSH and come back to you. I don't mind to repeat this if there is an update as long as it works : ). As I wrote I'm not a master in SSH connections so google is my friend. If you have some tips or directions how to do this feel free to share theme.

Upvote 0
cd /volume1/\@appstore/SynologyPhotos/ui/images
To move to this location.

I found these images plus theres the 'flower' .png files in the icons directory.
dsm/1x/logo_synology_photos.png
logo_synology_photos.png

dsm/2x/logo_synology_photos.png
logo_synology_photos.png

Upvote 0
Great Help Fredbert ! I found the directory and the files in the terminal, but how do I replace those images : ) ?
-- post merged: --

cd /volume1/\@appstore/SynologyPhotos/ui/images
To move to this location.

I found these images plus theres the 'flower' .png files in the icons directory.
dsm/1x/logo_synology_photos.png
View attachment 4730
dsm/2x/logo_synology_photos.png
View attachment 4729
Great Help Fredbert ! I found the directory and the files in the terminal, but how do I replace those images : ) in SSH ?

Upvote 0
What I would do is copy those files to my admin account's Home folder, work on them and copy them back. It's a little tricky as the package's files and folders are owned by user and group 'SynologyPhoto'.

Change '<admin_user>' to the short name of your admin user account... for the '1x' file.
1. save a copy of the file in case you need it.
2. copy original file to your home folder.
3. change the ownership of the copied file so you can work with it.
Bash:
sudo cp /volume1/\@appstore/SynologyPhotos/ui/images/dsm/1x/logo_synology_photos.png /volume1/\@appstore/SynologyPhotos/ui/images/dsm/1x/logo_synology_photos.png.saved
sudo cp /volume1/\@appstore/SynologyPhotos/ui/images/dsm/1x/logo_synology_photos.png /volume1/homes/<admin_user>
sudo chown <admin_user>:users /volume1/homes/<admin_user>/logo_synology_photos.png

Copy the fie back to the original location...
1. copy the worked file back to the original place
2. change the file's owner/group back to SynologyPhotos.
Bash:
sudo cp /volume1/homes/<admin_user>/logo_synology_photos.png /volume1/\@appstore/SynologyPhotos/ui/images/dsm/1x
sudo chown SynologyPhotos:SynologyPhotos /volume1/\@appstore/SynologyPhotos/ui/images/dsm/1x/logo_synology_photos.png

I think that should be it.

Upvote 0
What I would do is copy those files to my admin account's Home folder, work on them and copy them back. It's a little tricky as the package's files and folders are owned by user and group 'SynologyPhoto'.

Change '<admin_user>' to the short name of your admin user account... for the '1x' file.
1. save a copy of the file in case you need it.
2. copy original file to your home folder.
3. change the ownership of the copied file so you can work with it.
Bash:
sudo cp /volume1/\@appstore/SynologyPhotos/ui/images/dsm/1x/logo_synology_photos.png /volume1/\@appstore/SynologyPhotos/ui/images/dsm/1x/logo_synology_photos.png.saved
sudo cp /volume1/\@appstore/SynologyPhotos/ui/images/dsm/1x/logo_synology_photos.png /volume1/homes/<admin_user>
sudo chown <admin_user>:users /volume1/homes/<admin_user>/logo_synology_photos.png

Copy the fie back to the original location...
1. copy the worked file back to the original place
2. change the file's owner/group back to SynologyPhotos.
Bash:
sudo cp /volume1/homes/<admin_user>/logo_synology_photos.png /volume1/\@appstore/SynologyPhotos/ui/images/dsm/1x
sudo chown SynologyPhotos:SynologyPhotos /volume1/\@appstore/SynologyPhotos/ui/images/dsm/1x/logo_synology_photos.png

I think that should be it
Thanks ! Seems simple if you worked with SSH often :p but I'm going to try this. As I understand the file wil be shown in the directory kap homes where I can change the png file with my own logo (will not change the file name and use the same file name only with another logo (edit png file))

Upvote 0
I'm looking for a way to change the logo on synologyphoto in DSM 7 version. In the old version I could change it by settings. Also I read something about the logo, because it is the synology logo the content is also part of Synology. I don't want to change my rights so I want to change the logo in some way for example by SSH. If someone could clear out the right issue that also would be helpfull. I have not much experiance in using SSH with the NAS and looking for someone who can help me with a step by step guide to change the logo. If it is posible at all. I'm now working under DSM 6 (last version) and have a VM version of DSM 7 (last version) to test this version. If I can change the logo I will be updating to DSM 7, because the nieuw synologyphoto seems a lot faster than the old one and also has better potential to sort and manage large amount of (big) photo's. So hope someone can help me and reach out to me. Also if you know someone or know a site with this info please send me the link.

Thanks and looking forward to a reaction, Mark
Thanks for sharing

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.