Change remote server name (not address)?

Currently reading
Change remote server name (not address)?

Last edited:
Hi,

I am backing up a server to a remote Synology. Synology connects to it via the hostname of my WAN that resolves to the ip. Everything works.

However in the backup list the server is listed as the hostname. I want to add a more descriptive name, especially if I am going to back up several hosts "behind" a single ip via port redirects. Is it possible to change the visible name without changing hostname or ip?

These are actually different servers and in dire need of a better name or description, especially as i see the number of them growing:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 12.29.59.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 12.29.59.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 12

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

• Question
^ this is the way. OP it's a 2 drive NAS - keep it simple unless there's a valid technical reason for...
Replies
Views
Hi, when trying to connect a new hypervisor I get this message. However, I do not have such a hypervisor...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Been using it on both Intel and ARM Macs since day 1 and haven't had a situation like yours. Does the menu...
Replies
Views
I have multi site replicated shares using DFSR back to a central file server that is backed up with ABB...
Replies
Views
I changed the host file and now it is connected using synology.me. I will see if this helps. Thanks
Replies
Views
  • Question
@pbrennan845 You can change the task by first changing the display role on the left side, choose the...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
That is correct, ABB port needs to be open indeed. I missed that part of the request.
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back