DS720+, DS418play
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Just wondering if this is happening only to me.

When I log in to Synology Photos I get the Shared space page:

Screenshot 2021-10-13 at 8.31.39.png

After that, I need to manually switch to Personal space. And on top of it, I get the folder view although my last setting was timeline view (so switch it manually again, every time):

Screenshot 2021-10-13 at 8.32.10.png

I am sorry, only half of my statement was correct...

When I log in to Synology Photos, I check "stay logged in". Then when I go back to Synology Photos at later stage, settings like above are remembered.
If I clear cookies OR log out, I have to log in again next time and settings are not remembered. Means I seem to have same behavior than you describe. Only difference might be, that I usually check "keep logged in" and therefore do not see the issue.
(as I log into Synology Photos using different domain than when using DSM, I can safely stay logged in and it is not affected whatever else I do on DSM)

BTW: Android photos app also does not remember view preferences after you log out

If I'm not logged in then the initial connection is to the shared space, as a public album but there's nothing being shared. I then click the top-right greyed icon and log in. I'm now logged in to Photos but still in the shared space. Slightly irritating to have to move to the personal space each time.

If use https://sub.mydomain.com/<package alias> and log into, e.g., Drive then using the app selector I can open a window to Photos and that open the space that I was last browsing.

When I log in, it defaults to shared space for me. I don't really use the shared space very often so it's not like its remembering my last view. It's just randomly defaulting to the shared space.

It looks like this is not an issue for me when I do logout - login. Photos remember Shared - Personal space, and Timeline - Folder view.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.