Currently reading
change the volumes / targets for active backup

NAS
ds920+
Operating system
  1. Linux
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
when i first built my nas i configured it as a single volume taking up all my disk space (maybe a noob move), but now i would like to split into a few volumes by the tasks they support - - this will require me to delete the volume ... so i would like to connect an external drive and back up my files and start my installation fresh .. but i already have active backup for business backing up to this single volume - so my question is, what files do i need to make sure i copy to the external HD (the active backup for business backup files) and how do i get active backup to recognize them in their new location once i have restored them to an alternate volume

when i first built my nas i configured it as a single volume taking up all my disk space (maybe a noob move), but now i would like to split into a few volumes by the tasks they support - - this will require me to delete the volume ... so i would like to connect an external drive and back up my files and start my installation fresh .. but i already have active backup for business backing up to this single volume - so my question is, what files do i need to make sure i copy to the external HD (the active backup for business backup files) and how do i get active backup to recognize them in their new location once i have restored them to an alternate volume
Backup the entier folder that your abb is currently using and once you redo everything you will be able to relink your content to a new task you will create

Upvote 0
What advantage do you expect doing this, as this is uncommon. Managing volume sizes will be an ongoing challenge. Why not segregate using shared folders?
^ this is the way.
OP it's a 2 drive NAS - keep it simple unless there's a valid technical reason for multiple volumes. Do you need to run 2 different file systems on this NAS?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.