DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Hello. First post. Due to an upcoming 1 year loan of my DS215J system to someone else, I changed the IP Address from 192.x.x.x to 10.x.x.x IP (Because that’s what they use). 6.2.4 is loaded in it.
It works, it is in place there and reports as a 10, not 192 IP. I’m still getting the Drive Health and New Login emails, but the emails report the OLD IP, not the NEW, in-use IP.
Is this normal, that the NAS email would not know it’s current IP? I’ve not found any way of changing this.

Thanks

Last edited:
Has static IP to be a fixed target for the camera’s motion detected ftp connection. Either way, it still would be assigned a 10 IP. Emails claimed to be from 192.x.x.x IP, the OLD IP, not 10 IP
I see no-where to adjust this, so system must be smarter than operator?

In: CP/Notifications/Enable email notifications/Subject Prefix/ is the IP

Changed the IP, hit Apply, and sent test email
FIXED!!
-- post merged: --

In: CP/Notifications/Enable email notifications/Subject Prefix/ is the IP

Changed the IP, hit Apply, and sent test email
FIXED!!
Mr Telos: Would you kindly post this at other site. If I do, they’ll delete it.
others might want to know about it!
TNX!

Jan... This is simply self-inflicted user error. At some time in the past, you edited the notification's subject line, hard coding your old IP. The Synology default uses a system variable that tracks changing IPs. Left in default/stock configuration, you email messages would have been properly identified. This will happen again when the IP is changed.

Not at all. The old IP was added automatically during the email config.
I just added email address.
I can’t take credit for the fix. Someone at another site had it happen too. And he alerted me where to look. So this has happened to others, too.

so it’s automatic the first time, and manual after that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.