NAS
DS120J, DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Dear All,

I hope all is well.
I recently changed my phone and unfortunately my Secure Sign in app is no longer synced with my NAS. the App is still on my phone yet no account has been configured.
It does, however still generates OTP linked to the Admin account on my NAS.

The issue is that the prompt for 2FA on my NAS is giving me 2 options:
-1. Select the below number on the Authenticator app (i.e. 42) - Which i cannot select since my account is not configured.
-2. Approve the login request on Secure Sign in app - Which i cannot select since my account is not configured.

My NAS has 3 accounts : the Admin (unaccessible), mine and my wife's both still up and running.

Any ideas on how i could regain admin access ? without losing data?

Kind regards,

S

the synology knowledgebase has a topic on this:

basically, if there is no other admin user, you have to use the 3 seconds reset with the paperlip in the back and pick up the system with synology assistant to redo some network configuration settings. No problem for your data.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.