Info Changing Home Video Thumbnails

NAS
DS111, DS211j, DS218Play, DS415Play, DS416, DS1019+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi,

I have been running Plex for a number of years (now on a DS1019+) however I decided to move all our home videos to a DS218Play and use Video Station. Having not used Video Station before (even though I have been using Synology NAS for over 10 years now), I am very impressed with how easy it is to set up and use.

However I now have a library of completely random thumbnails, some of which look awful as they are showing either a part of something or mid transition etc. It looks like I can create a cover image for displaying on the page for the video but I can't find any way of changing the thumbnail in the main library screen. Is it possible?

It seems a shame that an application which generally works so well is missing something so seemingly simple that could really improve user experience. I did try to search for similar questions but didn't seem to find anything that could help.

Thanks

Andrew

I'm not quite sure I understand what image you can't change: the item's poster should be displayed in the library view. In VS there are settings to change these:

Media typePosterBanner
MovieYesYes
TV ShowYesYes
TV Show's EpisodeYesNo
Home MovieYesNo

If you don't use VS for anything but home movies then you could assigned the library as TV and this way you can collect similar items under the same show (acting as a pseudo-tag). Then disable using TMDB for automatic tagging (also disable TVDB if using VS prior to v2.4.10).

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.