NAS Compares Choose the Right UPS for Your NAS – An Idiot’s Guide to UPS

Currently reading
NAS Compares Choose the Right UPS for Your NAS – An Idiot’s Guide to UPS

An Easy Guide to Buying the Right UPS for your NAS System

The appeal of a UPS has grown substantially in recent years, not just for business users either, with an increasing number of home users in limited power setups (houseboats, pop-up offices and mobile homes) the utility of a safety net for your power consuming devices is inarguable. More conventionally, if your data is mission-critical and your business or home life revolves around both access to your data, as well as maintaining the constant read and write of daily life, then like many people you may have looked into the option of an uninterruptible power suppler (or UPS for short). There was a time when a power failure solution was an option only open to enterprise and elite-level business – with prices starting off in 5 figures. However in recent years with the boom of network-attached storage (NAS) in the home, as well as mass production technique becoming a smoother and more economical process, Owning a UPS device to protect your data in the home or business has become a far more affordable option. However choosing the right UPS for your QNAP or Synology NAS, as well as finding one that compliments your budget can be hard. Today we want to address the three commonly asked questions by users who are considering a UPS, but do not quite know which UPS device is right for them. They are:

• How does a UPS work and how will I benefit?
  • How do I work out the right Watts, Volts and Amps to choose the best UPS?
  • How much is a UPS going to cost me?

So, today I want to go through each of those frequently asked questions and help you understand what a UPS actually is, much much they are, how to narrow down the choices and finally show you will be able to use it. This guide is useful for NAS buyers who are looking at Synology, QNAP, Asustor, Terramaster and more, but it also applies to just helping you choose the right UPS for your other devices too. Let’s go!

How a UPS works with your NAS diagram

Continue reading...
- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.