NAS Compares Choosing the Right UPS for your Synology or QNAP NAS Drive – Get it Right FIRST TIME!

Currently reading
NAS Compares Choosing the Right UPS for your Synology or QNAP NAS Drive – Get it Right FIRST TIME!

Last edited by a moderator:

An Easy Guide to Buying the Right UPS for your NAS System

ups-power-icon.webp

The popularity of uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) has risen significantly in recent years. Not just for businesses, but for home users as well, who often have limited power setups such as houseboats, pop-up offices, and mobile homes. The value of having a safety net for your power-consuming devices is undeniable. Additionally, for those whose data is critical and whose business or personal life relies on constant access and read/write operations, a UPS can provide peace of mind. In the past, power failure solutions were only accessible to large enterprises and high-level businesses, with prices starting in the five figures. However, with the rise of network-attached storage (NAS) in homes and the increased efficiency of mass production techniques, owning a UPS device to protect data in both homes and businesses has become more affordable. However, choosing the right UPS for your NAS device, such as a QNAP or Synology, and finding one that fits within your budget can be challenging. In this guide, we will address the three commonly asked questions by users considering a UPS but unsure of which device to choose: 1) How does a UPS work and how will I benefit? 2) How do I determine the right Watts, Volts, and Amps to choose the best UPS? 3) How much will a UPS cost? We hope this guide is helpful for NAS buyers looking at brands such as Synology, QNAP, Asustor, Terramaster, and others, and also for anyone looking to choose the right UPS for other devices.

Continue reading...
- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.