CIFS shared folder fails to remount after PC reboot: how to force remount from command line?

Currently reading
CIFS shared folder fails to remount after PC reboot: how to force remount from command line?

NAS
DS920+ (44TB), DS213j
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I have several shared volumes from my Windows 10 PC auto-mounted on my DS920+ as CIFS shared folders. Technically they're encrypted CloudDrive volumes, though I don't see how that would change anything from the NAS perspective.

Anyway, so far so good, but whenever I reboot my PC, the remote folders get dismounted, and when trying to reconnect from the mount list, they most often refuse to remount. The remote folder in File Station continues to show: "Failed to connect to the remote server. Please make sure the remote server is accessible via CIFS protocol."

After rebooting my NAS all these remote folders will properly remount, so I wonder whether there might be a CLI command I might use that somehow would work more reliably than the reconnect option in File Station?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.