Currently reading
CLI access

NAS
ds220+
Operating system
  1. Linux
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Is there any way to access a command line, ...yes, I know how to ssh..., on DSM 7?
My first experience with Synology, so if it's obvious, I would appreciate a pointer to how to do it.
Thanks,
meandmine
-- post merged: --

Basically, is there a bash, csh, zsh, etc, shell that I can access from the GUI?

Is there any way to access a command line, ...yes, I know how to ssh..., on DSM 7?
My first experience with Synology, so if it's obvious, I would appreciate a pointer to how to do it.
Thanks,
meandmine
-- post merged: --

Basically, is there a bash, csh, zsh, etc, shell that I can access from the GUI?

No, when you expect similar approach as is in TrueNAS with an integrated shell.

I'm testing (and will probably use) Web Based SSH Client with SFTP, VNC, RDP - Shellngn Secure remote way to get ssh back to cli for any host. In my case very useful as I can't VPN out of my company, so using a web based client works just fine. Bastillion is ok, but shellNGN is more polished, updated and offers more features. Docker deployed ofc.

no, just TeamW/Remote Terminal session

From the docker container SSH terminal client point of view:
1. you need to use "-privileged" parameter
2. it means: Docker will enable access to all devices on the host (all the kernel capabilities are exposed)
3. needs to avoid such idea

Btw, LinuxServer has container: openssh-server

Openssh-server is a sandboxed environment that allows ssh access without giving keys to the entire server. Giving ssh access via private key often means giving full access to the server. This container creates a limited and sandboxed environment that others can ssh into. The users only have access to the folders mapped and the processes running inside this container.

From the docker container SSH terminal client point of view:
I meant to use the SSH client container to connect out to the DSM LAN IP on its SSH server's port: this would mimic a LAN device in Docker that has LAN access to the NAS's DSM or any other LAN-based SSH service, like other LAN devices. I wasn't meaning to open any privileged access within Docker itself.

I meant to use the SSH client container to connect out to the DSM LAN IP on its SSH server's port: this would mimic a LAN device in Docker that has LAN access to the NAS's DSM or any other LAN-based SSH service, like other LAN devices. I wasn't meaning to open any privileged access within Docker itself.

the same line of thinking - some form of secure SSH Gateway server

- no need to share SSH keys, they use SSH Certificates (more secure)
- it's a kind of SSH proxy (SSH jump server)

container

Thx, for the kicking

Shellngn works in this way. The exact thing I was looking

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.