Cloud Sync Not Deleting Folders on the Cloud

Currently reading
Cloud Sync Not Deleting Folders on the Cloud

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
So I have set up one-way sync from my NAS to Google Drive and OneDrive. But I found out that the old folders on the cloud are not removing by Cloud Sync?

Source: Synology: RootFolderX
Destination: Google Drive/OneDrive: RootFolderX

After the sync:
Data inside Synology: FolderA,FolderB,FolderC
Data inside Google Drive/OneDrive: FolderA,FolderB,FolderC, FolderD,FolderE.

I have these settings::
Sync direction: Upload local changes only
Unchecked: Don't remove files in the destination folder when they are removed in the source folder
Locally deleted files will be removed from your public cloud

Why it is still not working?

Thanks!

You may be running into a limitation of Google Drive, if I understand your problem correctly. With Google Drive the deleted folders are marked as Trash. You have to log into Drive and issue an empty trash command to get Drive to actually delete them. That is what I have been experiencing with Drive.

actually it is different. what I meant it that, for example, locally on NAS, I removed folder A. on google drive, I still see folder A existed. even I removed it locally. and the cloud sync is running fine, no error message showing.

Can you actually open the folder on Google Drive? If I try and do that, Drive tells me that I have to remove it from the Trash first. If it is actually in the Trash (or is marked as Trash) clicking on Empty Trash is the only way to remove it. Cloud Sync cannot remove it and shows no error. This seems to be a deliberate design choice by Google.

To put it another way, Drive moves "deleted" items into the Trash instead of deleting them.

When I used Cloud Sync with a different cloud provider, I had no problems with Cloud Sync being unable to delete folders/files on the cloud host.

Interesting.

Well there seems to be multiple issues with Cloud Sync and Google Drive. I am having problems with files on my Synology NAS being deleted shortly after they are written to Google Drive. I posted about the problem today in another thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.