Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

I am new to Synology and having a hard time with importing my cloudflare certs. On the "Import Certificate Files" page after I have selected all 3 files and hit "OK", I get an error that says "Failed to Verify the server and intermediate certificates. Please try again." I have completely started over several times (new CSR and cert from cloudflare) and it never changes. Does anyone have some suggestions on what I should do?

I get an error that says "Failed to Verify the server and intermediate certificates. Please try again."
If a answer is still needed!

You should import the cloudflare orgin server RSA PEM see doc. Origin CA certificates
Download Cloudflare RSA PEM
- Private Key field = your CF your domain.key
- Certificate field = your CF domain.crt
- Intermediate certificates field = the Cloudflare Origin CA root certificate
if all goes well then it should work and your Certificate is imported into Synology.

I do want to warn you that most browsers do not support CF certificates. They are seen as a self signed certificate. And it only works properly if you use Cloudflare proxy for the DNS settings.

You can read more about CF Certificate and Synology here Setting up Cloudflare with a Synology

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.