Compare/Contrast... Synology Drive vs. Nextcloud

Currently reading
Compare/Contrast... Synology Drive vs. Nextcloud

Telos

Subscriber
NAS
DS418play, DS213j, DS3622+, DSM 7.2.4-11091
Before I embark down the Nextcloud path, I'm curious as to the differences between it and Drive. I haven't found much comparison on the web, so I thought I'd ask here.

Apart from something novel to do with my spare time, is there an advantage to using Nextcloud over Drive. I'm also interested in mobile (Android) compatibility.

Thanks!

jeyare

Subscriber
NAS
Synology, TrueNAS
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
sounds interesting with all the security features, except one - missing LAN sync

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

• Question
From my DS415+ the partition table shows three partitions per drive, two are very small and identify as...
Replies
Views
In my web wanderings of recent, using the quite glib support for REGEX/Boolean in "search engines", I did...
Replies
Views
I didn't have a synology account for about 10 months... I saw no need, I was never going to use quick...
Replies
Views
They are trying to get your phone number (for some reason) either through direct phone sign-on or 2 step...
Replies
Views
When photos are backed up using the Android Synology Photos app, by default they are stored in your...
Replies
Views
When my MNTD Helium miner shows offline or is not syncing as expected, a device reboot is a good option to...
Replies
Views
Listing stuff alphabetically seems pretty obvious to me. I never have folders, etc in most recently...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!