Compatible UPS for DS 918+

Currently reading
Compatible UPS for DS 918+

NAS
DS 918+
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I am considering replacing the UPS near my equipment, which includes a DS 918+, my Netgear router, and a 10/100/1000 24-port switch. It occurs to me that I might want something that can turn off the 918+ in the event utility power goes off, which happens about 2 times a year out here.

Synology's list is about 15 pages of model numbers, I was hoping for some advice a little easier to digest.

I could also just put new battery in the one I have and not have any automation. Not perfect but it keeps the NAS going for 10-15 minutes until I can shut it down.

I bought a CyberPower CP1500EPFCLCD-UK for my 920+ and it has been great. I live in central London but have still had quite a few blackouts since buying it in November that it has weathered perfectly.

Connected to it:
- DS920+
- Desktop (big graphics card etc so reasonably power hungry)
- Monitor
- Router
- Network switch

And with everything on it has c. 30 - 60 minutes of runtime. And can tell the NAS (and then computer) to shut down.

Bought it because it (or one very similar) was recommended on here.

I have the CyberPower BRG1500AVRLCD Intelligent LCD UPS System, 1500VA/900W, 12 Outlets, AVR, Mini-Tower, 5-Year Warranty (here) and it is supported by DSM7/DS220+ that I have it connected to. Have only had to use it during short-term outages for home maintenance, but haven't had any issues with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.