Currently reading
Conbee 2 on DS218j (DSM 7.1)

NAS
DS218j
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi, i recently bought a ConBee 2 Zigbee USB Gateway. I already have Homebridge running perfectly with Wifi devices, and now, I would like to connect Zigbee devices with the ConBee but I have 2 major issues.

1) I don't know how to instal the driver for the usb port in DSM 7.1. I tried this but don't know if it works, I don't know how to check ?

2) I saw that the 2 main ways to use the ConBee 2 is with Docker (deConz) or a VM (both incompatible with my DS218j)

I would like to use Homebridge to have all my devices. I know that the plugin Homebridge hue is usefull for that but without deConz it's useless ?

Thank you very much for enlightening me on this subject.

There are multiple problems here. Officially, DSM 7 no longer supports 3rd party devices other than drives. The tutorial depends on the URL that does not work, and even if it was, have you modified it to match your Armada38x CPU (the article refers to geminilake)?

Considering you have no Docker or VM support, my suggestion would be to a) get this going on a separate device or b) get a different model of NAS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.