Configure Matrix on Synology

Currently reading
Configure Matrix on Synology

NAS
Synology
Hello everybody

Seen some Threads here about Matrix, ie:

However we are in late 2022 and it seems there was little progress, no real instruction is to be found on the web (so far I can tell) and docker-matrix-bootstrap seems dormant.

Can someone provide any help or screenshots of the Synology UI in order to get Matrix running on the Synology Docker UI?

Thanks

Kind regards

yep, the docker-matrix-bootstrap project is dead. I stopped working on it when I realized that synapse+bridges are too hacky for my taste.
Here in the german forum, someone posted the needed config and steps. Just apply it to the UI and it runs at least. Testing will follow as soon as DNS is updated.

Can someone provide any help or screenshots of the Synology UI in order to get Matrix running on the Synology Docker UI?
Take a look at Conduit - Your own chat server much easier to install and works great with FluffyChat - Official Website.
And then there is also GitHub - matrix-org/dendrite: Dendrite is a second-generation Matrix homeserver written in Go! Dendrite is a second-generation Matrix homeserver written in Go.

I tested both, for now I stick with conduit, because it is lightweight work just fine for my needs.
They are both in beta if you don’t mind beta testing!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.