Confused about rsync between DiskStations

Currently reading
Confused about rsync between DiskStations

NAS
2x DS1813+ , DS1019+
So, I have a pair (of working) Disk Stations.

One is the active file server (4 drive array, 3 drive array & a hot spare) and the second is intended to be the backup (belt & suspenders). I also do occasional copies to offline disks.

A while ago the backup unit failed. Saga is in another thread.

I now have the disks moved to a new DS.

I have been using rsync to the shared folders from primary to backup. Now that things are more of less back to normal I noticed that apparently not all shared folder rsysnc are showing up in the log. I see 4 of the folders but 3 are not showing up.

So, the big question is... how do I chase this down?

A secondary question would be... is there a better alternative for this? Hyper Backup looks interesting but I have had a problem finding good documentation of how it works or how to deploy it.

Thanks for any help.

1st question: how was rsync used exactly?
2nd question: what exactly is the problem with HB? It supports rsync (I use it for about 10 tasks and it work great)

I am not sure how I set it up 3 or more years ago.

I don’t know of a problem with HB. I just can’t figure out how to use it, or if I should?

On the source DS logs, four of the folder sync task completions are logged but no mention of the other folders. However, a shared folder is getting synced even though there is no mention in the logs of either DS.

I am not an expert here on DSM. Give me some hints at where to look on my DS’s and possibly where I could read up to educate myself?

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.