Currently reading
Connect/access a usb printer

NAS
DS-718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I’m walking through the mydoodads videos setting up my DS-718+. I have not created shared folders or set up users yet. I did connect my usb printer and the DS-718+ sees it and sets it up. From there, synology’s instructions are to download synology assistant, which is not listed as available software for my NAS. I set the printer up in user’s computers using the IP address for the NAS, but that doesn’t work.

What am I doing wrong here?

Is that the best way to go? After posting, I located this walkthrough and using the LPR method seems to work:

I thought I had set the printer up correctly, but I recently tried to print to it and got an error. I deleted the printer and reinstalled using the instructions above. Still no dice.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong here? Note that the printer is likely NOT on Synology's official list.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.