NAS
DS720+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have a DS720+ on my home network with various local user accounts. I got a new work laptop which is on an AD domain and I cannot for the life of me get it connected to the Synology NAS when I get home on my own LAN. It prompts to connect using my AD account, and any attempt to change the credentials to my normal local user accounts fails.

The only way I can get a semi-working connection is to use the Windows 'net use' command to map a share using the NAS local user credentials. However, even though I have the /persistent:yes switch on it does not stick on a reboot.....

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Typing in \\DISKSTATION or by its IP address. Prompts for credentials. I tried to manually add my NAS user credentials using credentials manager but that didn't work either.....

Upvote 0
Typing in \\DISKSTATION or by its IP address. Prompts for credentials. I tried to manually add my NAS user credentials using credentials manager but that didn't work either.....
In the prompt, do you have the domain name listed under the password field? If so, it won't work. You need to start with NAMEOFNAS\dsmaccount. See if that helps.

Upvote 0
Perfect, that worked. I had previously tried \dmsaccount but didn't realise I needed to put that in front. That's been bugging me for weeks! Have a great Christmas, and thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Hi, I have kind of the same problem but can't find out how to connect to our NAS after a computer is connected to MS 365 domain. We use MS 365 and when starting a new computer we use that account to log in to the computer.
Before when we had local accounts on our computers we had no problem connecting to our Diskstation. Now we get this prompt asking for login credentials. They are in Swedish but I think you know what they say anyway. :)

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

If I click on "more choices" at the bottom I get this prompt.

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

"E-postadress" means email address and "Lösenord" means password.
I should also say that we use a username and password to log in to our NAS. In our network we have named it Diskstation and all people/computer can see our Diskstation when browsing the network. If that helps we have a DS916+ with version DSM 7.1-42661 Update 2 installed.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Have you tried to log in using DISKSTATION\username as your username and ofc the correct password?
Hi Rusty, this is strange... I did try that but now it works... :)
Not sure what I did before, maybe I used the wrong slash... anyway, it works. (y) Thanks!

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.