Currently reading
Question Connection Expired

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
After setting up 2-Step Authentication, my connection to my NAS keeps expiring. I get a message on DSM "Your Connection Has Expired" or something to that effect. I actually don't know if this new expiration message has to do with the 2-Step Authentication or not. But, where can I set the time limit, or no limit on my NAS log in sessions?

my connection to my NAS keeps expiring. I get a message on DSM "Your Connection Has Expired" or something to that effect.
Is this when you come back to login a new session or when you leave the current session idle for a while?

If it's the latter and you're exceeding the session idle time then this might help...

Is this when you come back to login a new session or when you leave the current session idle for a while?
It's when I am in just one session on my desktop computer and I have not been doing anything for about 10 minutes. Before installing 2-Step Authentication it would never time out. I could go to bed while logged on, sleep, wake up 7 hours later and I' still be logged on. Which is why the expiration of the session after just 10 minutes of idle time seem odd and noticeable. I will keep an eye on this. But from now on I will log in, doing or check whatever and then log out. Thank you for getting back to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.